Friday, February 23, 2007

Arctic Diamonds Stole

Hi, I joined this KAL a month or two ago but I haven't posted yet because I can't seem to get a good picture of the lace I'm knitting. It is the Arctic Diamonds Stole by Donna Druchunas in the IK Winter '06 issue. This is with two out of five repeats of the pattern done. I am using some variegated fingering weight yarn that I bought at Maryland Sheep and Wool a couple of years ago. I think it will be pretty when it is done and blocked but right now it doesn't look like much! Come by and see me at The Quiet Knitter.
pghjan

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

I've seen this stole from IK Winter '06.Look forward to seeing it finished.

7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks lovely. I keep thinking about doing this one.

3:08 AM  
Blogger Isis Rising said...

I love this shawl in the yarn you are using. I also have this stole on the needles, though it has been a month or so since I last worked on it. You're inpiring me to get it out, and get a few more rows added on!

1:21 AM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

It's looking very pretty! I just cast on for the Arctic Diamonds Stole this evening. I'm using some pale bluish gray/lavendar laceweight from Fearless Fibers. It's actually closer to fingering weight than laceweight, so it should work fine for this pattern.

I'm wondering what size needle you are using? I got the gauge in my swatch using a US6 needle--though the pattern calls for a size 3. I decided to go down to a US5. It seems unusual for a lace pattern using fingering weight yarn to specify US3, but maybe the designer is a very loose knitter.

Anyway, I'm glad to be starting, even though I broke my promise to myself to wait to cast on until I finish a baby sweater and a feather and fan scarf I'm working on!

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home