Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My Swallowtail Shawl

Finally I finished a lace project and can post to this group. I knit the Swallowtail Shawl in fingerweight yarn which was hand dyed. Instead of the nupps, I used size 6 light pink silver lined seed beads. Then, I decided to add a bit more bling and put a bead at the end of the points. The result is not over glaring and very pretty.

Last week, I spent 5 days at a local fair demonstrating spinning with the RI Spinners Guild. This shawl was on display along with other shawls, scarves, socks, yarns we spun, and other items.

The pattern is not difficult once you memorize one repeat of the buds, and, then the lily of the valley part. The edging wasn't too difficult either. Here are some pics.

Pinned out to block.
swallowtail pinned out 1
Modeled in the house.
swallowtail shawl blocked and full size
On display at the fair.
WCF Swallowtail on display

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home