Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Two Spring Shawls



Here are two triangular shawls I finished in the last few days. The green one is for me; it's Evelyn Clark's Shetland Triangle Shawl from Wrap Style, knit in Berroco Ultra Alpaca Light. The pink one is a gift. It's knit in Malabrigo laceweight; I designed it following the guidelines in Evelyn Clark's wonderful book, Knitting Lace Triangles.

I love the range of lace. The Shetland in Ultra Alpaca Light is warm and cozy, substantial but not heavy. The Malabrigo is as light as air. Best of all, it came out just the right size for the recipient.

6 Comments:

Blogger Katie K said...

Very beautiful, both of them.

8:41 AM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love this little book...such great suggestions for shawls...
And now I've got to get Wrap Style, based solely on this little green shawl of yours!
(((hugs)))

9:57 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

beautifully done. I adore your shawl pin!

10:48 PM  
Blogger yarngig1 said...

I especially love the pink shawl. Is there any specific pattern I could follow or did you totally make this up as you went along?

10:17 AM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

To knit the pink shawl, I followed guidelines in Evelyn Clark's book Knitting Lace Triangles. If you don't want to have to make any design decisions yourself, there are some patterns in the book you could knit exactly as written. I improvised mine.

2:20 PM  
Blogger Paul Sears said...

These are beautiful - I'm going to send your blog to my mom, she will just love it!

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home