Monday, April 07, 2008

Vacation knitting

After a lovely week on Lanzarote celebrating my mothers 50th birthday I found myself finishing up a Luna Moth shawl for my daughter. I found the knitting rather annoying at times, being unable to really see the pattern in the shawl. But after blocking... Wow! I really love it and my daughter maybe more since this is the first time I have knitted her a shawl of her own. About time I`m sure.

I used 2 balls of Drops alpakka for the shawl, app 360 meters. When finished I had 4,5 meters left of the yarn. Close call. The shawl is rather small, only about 130 cm across the longest side, but it?s perfect for my nine year old.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie said...

What a lovely shawl for your daughter!

5:17 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

It's gorgeous & the pattern shows up so well in the white yarn. This pattern is on my list too. Thanks for the inspiration.

6:09 PM  
Blogger Rina said...

What a beautiful shawl for your daughter. She'll treasure it for sure.

9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I love it.

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home