Friday, April 11, 2008

Heartland Lace Shawl

I started on the Evelyn Clark Heartland Lace Shawl created for Wild Fibers Magazine. I was able to get a free copy of the pattern, but I think the pattern is now being sold as a kit. This is being knit out of 2.1 oz of Tussah Silk that I handspun on my Babe spinning wheel. I am knitting this on US 4 Lace Addis, which is the first time using this needle. So far so good.

Heartland Lace Shawl

My goal is to finish this by my 34th birthday on May 1st, so I can get started on another shawl. For any further details on the yarn or the shawl, check out the blog.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Katie K said...

So how did you get the free copy?

10:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Katie K. A while ago, there was a discussion about it in Knitter's Review. It stated that we could write the editor of the magazine for a copy. I wrote to him last summer and he forwarded a PDF chart and a written copy. The pattern was a winner in the magazine's contest. If you google the name of the pattern, you will see the Knitter's Review comments.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

It's gorgeous. Stunning yarn!

6:02 PM  
Blogger Rina said...

The yarn is beautiful!

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home