Saturday, February 02, 2008

Blue Curacao shawl (in white)

It's crocheted, but it's still lace. :)

Blue Curacao blocking This is the Blue Curacao shawl from Doris Chan's Amazing Crochet Lace book. Instead of using the suggested yarn, I used Soft Lux from Rowan Classic Yarns in white. It has a gold metallic strand that doesn't show well in the picture.

I also added beads at the scalloped edges to give it a bit more weight. It drapes really nicely and because of the way increases are added at the shoulders, it stays in place while wearing without need for a pin (unless it's windy, that is).

More details can be found on my blog in this post and in this one, which has pictures after blocking.

Cindy in Oregon

3 Comments:

Blogger Rina said...

HI Cindy. It looks awesome. Ah.. I really do want to learn how to crochet.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Carrol said...

I am currently trying to crochet the Blue Curacao Shawl in another color as well. However although I am an experienced crocheter(over 50 yrs), I am having problems with some rows and have had to take out rows, several times. I love the appearance of this shawl and hate to just give up and use another pattern. Did you notice errors with this pattern? What corrections if any did you make? Do you know of a online location where I might find corrections?

Carrol in Michigan

10:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Carrol, I've made this shawl a couple of times and the pattern is error free. You can post questions in Doris Chan's ravelry group and someone will answer them.

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home