Sunday, October 07, 2007

Swallowtail & Shetland

I recently finished knitting the Swallowtail Shawl. I used 1.6 oz of silk of my handspun. I followed the pattern as written because I didn't think I would have enough yarn left, but thankfully, I did.

Shawl--SwallowtailDrape


I have started on a new knitting project from some Superwash merino roving that I handpainted and spun into laceweight. It is a bit loftier than the silk and is at the lumpy, bumpy stage. Here is a picture of it smoothed and pinned out.


Shawl--ShetlandTriangleProg


I am presently spinning some silk for the Heartland Lace Shawl, also by Evelyn Clark. I've completed 2 Clark patterns. And I have 2 more planned. I am so devoted to her amazing patterns. If you want to read more about my spinning and knitting process, please check out my blog.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

wow, handspun and handknitted - just beautiful :) you should check out the spun stitches kal
spunstitches.blogspot.com!

3:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, Stephanie. Thank you so much. I am also a member of Spun Stitches. I posted there originally, but forgot to post here. I am lace obsessed and have a ton of forums that I belong to or read. I love getting inspiration and motivation to continue spinning to knit lace.

4:38 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Look at that gorgeous yarn! Wow. How talented you are!

4:29 PM  
Blogger Scholastica said...

That's amazing. So variegated yarn can look awesome in lace--but maybe it takes skill like yours!

1:03 PM  
Blogger Bloggblad said...

WOW! I am impressed! Want to try to knit lacepattern shawls, but I am too lazy...

Thanks for the inspiration - I really must try some time.

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home