Saturday, September 22, 2007

Victorian Lace Today's Melon Shawl

Anyone who has done Victorian Lace Today's Mellon Shawl understands the sense of satisfaction I'm feeling now.

I just finished the center panel of the shawl!! YAY! And here are some pictures




Details:
Yarn: 15.5 Balls of Plymouth Royal Bamboo yarn
Needles: Size 8 Addis, 24 inches
Modifications: The pattern calls only for six repeats (6 "melons"). That would have made for a really nice scarf so I increased the number of repeats to thirteen
I will add the border as soon as I get it back from the women at Martin McCrea. They are going to dye the shawl in parts: First, the two sides with the lighter dyelot will get dyed then they'll do the center. And if I did the border, that would have complicated things so they'll dye the rest of the yarn.

There are more details in my blog. I'm so excited that it's done

1 Comments:

Blogger Sissel said...

I haven`t dared try this pattern yet. Great job, it looks fantastic!

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home