Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Icelandic Lace Shawl


This is my latest knitting achievement. It's the Icelandic Lace Shawl. I set up a Yahoo Knit Along for the particular pattern and actually the knit along is still going on. I used Jaggerspun Heather fingering weight yarn in 8 different shades of browns and grays with U.S. size 6 needles. The pattern was originally published in Three Corner Shawls, then again in the July 1996 Piecework magazine.

Interweave Press heard about the knit along so they published the pattern again in the free Knitting Daily newsletter. I would not describe this pattern as difficult and with the different stitches and colors, it was a fun project. We have about 400 participants in the knit along. I was in a hurry because I left some unfinished projects to knit this one. It took me just under 2 weeks to knit.
Gay Fakkema
http://www.lamziedivywoolens.blogspot.com/

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Sissel said...

Wow, that`s awsome!
Do you know approximately how much time it took to fonosh the shawl?

12:52 AM  
Blogger Angelika said...

I didn't know there was a KAL for this shawl. I saw the pattern on Knitting Daily, but haven't seen anybody make it yet. Nice work.

4:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home