Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Introduction/cherry leaf patterned shawl

Hi all!
I`m one of those lurkers finally getting to write my first post.
My "red shawl" with cherry leaf pattern is finally finished and I haven`t taken it off since . The pattern is from Victorian Lace Today and the yarn is Askeladden, a somewhat heavy laceweight yarn found in the basement of a LYS. Unfortunately it doesn`t seem like I will get hold of more of it.

The shawl was a pretty fast knit, I guess, it was my first laceweight project and getting used to the thin yarn took some time. Earlier this summer I made myself a Convertible shawl in alpakka. This was my first "grown up" project and I`m totally hooked. I haven`t been able to knit for some years and it feels like I have to make up for those years, LoL.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

That's really gorgeous. Good job!

6:56 AM  
Blogger LUL said...

They look great. At first I didn't recognize the red shawl from VLT. Colours really make a big difference. But you've changed the border haven't you? It looks beautiful!

1:00 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

that lace is just beautiful - the border is gorgeous!

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home