Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Dayflowers and Leaves

I recently finished knitting this scarf - it's 9 inches wide and about 7 feet long :) and it took less than one skein of yarn :D

I knit it out of Spritely Goods yarn in Sylph fine-fingering weight. The colorway is called Globe Mallow.

Pattern was cobbled together myself, combining Dayflower lace with what I think are called leaf shadows. Charting was a pain because the number of rows to chart to get both patterns to end at the same time was 80 rows!

8 Comments:

Blogger errs said...

Wow! It is gorgeous. Any chance of getting the pattern out of you???

6:42 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

What a lovely combination of those two stitch patterns. And the color is so cheerful. Nice work!

7:20 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks for the complements :)
I'm leaning towards not doing up the pattern, though if there is enough interest expressed I may well see if I've the patience to type it up into a proper pattern format.

I may do another one reversing the leaf panels so they look like they are flowing outward from the dayflower panel :D

10:42 PM  
Blogger Rina said...

I would love to have a pattern like that. That's very cool.

11:30 PM  
Blogger Sissel said...

Great scarf! And it`s a beutiful color for the fall. I vote for doing the pattern, Iguess it`s a lot of work, but you`ll be my hero...

12:45 AM  
Blogger Katie K said...

It really is beautiful. I would also love the pattern.

6:15 AM  
Blogger dorothy in wyoming said...

Please pretty please with sugar on top
that is a lovely scarf

7:20 AM  
Blogger LUL said...

That is SO beautiful. It reminds me a little of Branching out but much more delicate. I am sure lots of people would be interested in the pattern!

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home