Sunday, August 05, 2007

Another Shetland Triangle

Here is one more completed Shetland Triangle:



This was an easy pattern, and I think I'm ready for something more challenging. I purchased Anne's (knitspot.com) patterns for Wing of the Moth and for Bee Fields, and one of those will be next--after a brief pause to finish two WIP sweaters.

Thanks to all who offered suggestions on changing the edging on the Shetland Triangle. I finally decided to use the edge instructions from Evelyn Clark's Swallowtail Shawl, but I added one row of purl stitches so I could bind off in the right side:



I made the shawl using about 700 yards of Chat Botté, Perle Fine (purchased in Paris in 1978, discontinued), and Addi Turbo Lace, size 5 US. The yarn is slightly heavier than true lace weight: 350 yards for 50 g.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rina said...

Very pretty. I love the color.

8:20 AM  
Blogger lindaloveslace said...

That is such a pretty color and great design. Gorgeous!

2:50 PM  
Blogger Marjorie said...

Thanks. I wish I had more of that color, but I do have a lot of the same yarn in different colors that are also very pretty (peach, dusty rose, light blue). It is not as sensuous as some of the more modern lace yarns such as Kid Silk Haze or Zephyr, but it is probably a good weight for the shawls in VLT indended for fingering weight yarn. I'll probably try one of those sooner or later.

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home