Monday, July 16, 2007

what to do with my handspun?

hi, my name's jen and i'm a knitter/spinner. i recently finished spinning up 4 oz. of roving into laceweight, about 875 yds. i have no idea what to use for it. well i have TONS of ideas of what to use it for, but am having a hard time just deciding. there's the shetland triangle, the swallowtail, a small leaf lace (which i've done already but a large dk version), my own pattern, etc. any suggestions/comments would be awesome. thanks!

jen

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Hattie said...

Try these:
http://knittingasfastasican.com/forest-canopy-shoulder-shawl/
http://knittingasfastasican.com/spring-things-shawl/

Also for more patterns for sale go to stashology.com, it's like knitting pattern central, but for patterns that are for sale by the designer, etc... ;)

10:24 PM  
Blogger dorothy in wyoming said...

Check out Diamond Fantasy from Sivia Harding

2:44 PM  
Blogger Marjorie said...

I tried out the small version of Evelyn Clark's Flower basked on fingering weight yarn. A one-skein version (about 350 yds for 50 g) made the scarf size shawl; a two-skein version made the small shawl. If you wanted to try the small shawl, you'd have enough yarn.

I'm also doing the Shetland Triangle now in a different color (with two skeins). And I like the Ene shawl in Scarf Style. I was thinking of using a slightly heavier weight alpaca for it. But I think it takes around 700 yards.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Linz said...

What colour is it, and what fibre is it???

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home