Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Shawl/Stole

I have finally decided on a very lace shawl/stole from Traditional Knitted Lace Shawls. I have picked a pattern called "Children of Lir" extremely lacey, left and right decreases. It is really very pretty. I have got a couple of patterns completed so far. The yarn I am using is a fingerweight yarn from KnitPicks in a very soft yellow yarn and using size 8 needles. I am making this stole for my aunt who is in a nursing home in Washington. Hubby and I are planning to go visit her when we are up in Idaho for vacation next month. It will be nice to get away. I hope to work on it every minute I get. It will be a nice surprise for her. All for now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie said...

I have that book and would like to make Children of Lir sometime. It's a classic. I am looking forward to seeing yours!

8:21 AM  
Blogger lindaloveslace said...

I finally took the plunge and bought a digital camera so as soon as it gets here, I can post the picture, at least as soon as I learn how to post pictures. This is all so new to me.

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home