Monday, July 30, 2007

Icarus in Progress

Hello All!
I am new to this KAL, and I'm so inspired already by the beautiful shawls I'm seeing. After I finished a Birch Shawl last summer, I went to work on an Icarus Shawl from the 2006 Interweave Knits. It's a lot easier so far, mainly stockinette with some carefully placed YOs. I admire all of you who knit such gorgeous, intricate lace shawls!

I'm at about 20% complete right now, and my rows are ever-increasing! I will not be defeated, though! I'm knitting with Misti Alpaca Laceweight, that just takes my breath away. It is so soft, and lovely to knit with! Often I stop knitting just to feel my work in progress!

I can't wait to be able to share my completed photos with you -- I'd better get knitting!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Morgana said...

The color is lovely. I also knit an Icarus and I loved it.

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home