Thursday, June 28, 2007

Seraphim Shawl



I've been trying to clear up some of my WIPs in anticipation of MS3, which begins tomorrow. With that in mind, I finished working on and blocked my Seraphim Shawl last night. I know that some people don't think variegated yarns work well with lace, but I think this is one case where that is not true. The very subtly colored yarn worked wonderfully with the design, and I love the result.




Pattern: Seraphim by Miriam FeltonYarn: Knitpicks Bare, dyed by moi
Size: 79.5in wide by 38 in deep
Needles: 3.75mm Knitpicks Options needles

Ebony

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Hattie said...

Yours is a very subtle variegated though. It's not a bunch of different colors. I agree, it's beautiful!

12:05 PM  
Blogger Angelika said...

I was going to say the same thing, but she beat me to it. Nice job on the dying.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

That's one of the loveliest Seraphims I've seen! You did a beautiful job dyeing the yarn. It's a perfect color.

Did you use laceweight or fingering weight KP Bare?

5:24 AM  
Blogger Dove Knits said...

I agree that this yarn works very well in this pattern. The variegation is subtle and adds interest to the non-lacy parts, but doesn't distract from the lace pattern, either. Perfect. You did a wonderful job!

9:55 AM  
Blogger ChelleC said...

Beautiful.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Well, there's variegated, and then there's variegated. Your yarn is *gorgeous* and it makes a fabulous Seraphim! Congrats on your finish. Hey, I'm doing the mystery 3, too. :-)

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home