Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Finished: Rona Lace Shawl

Hi, I'm new! I joined just in time to show you my most favorite FO ever :)

It was wonderful to knit, and the constantly changing pattern kept me interested. In fact, one of the reasons I picked this pattern was that it combined various lace motifs. Y'all know how quickly I get bored. And this did not disappoint! I barely got the urge to knit something else at all, and, in fact, I had a very hard time putting it down!



The second reason I picked this particular pattern was that I thought that the flower motif would complement the bright, spring-green color of the yarn. See, I bought the yarn first -- an impulse buy. I apparently am completely incapable of resisting alpaca. It's just so soft! And the color was nice and springy (I bought this on my husband's birthday...in December). And it was on sale. So, yeah. In the end, I think that the pattern and yarn worked very, very nicely together.

Plus, the color of the yarn complements my favorite dress, which has embroidery of that exact shade of green in it. And, when folded in half, the shawl is the perfect size for me to wear, measuring a little over 5 feet in diameter, or just long enough to reach my hands and cover my whole back.



I love how it looks worn. And it's warm without being at all stuffy or sweaty. I should know -- I wore it last night :)

Of course, the specs:

Pattern: Rona Lace Shawl by Anna Marie Jensen, distributed by Knit Picks
Yarn: Misti Alpaca laceweight, colorway Maize
Needles: Boye Needlemaster size 5
Crochet hook: Susan Bates size H (the pattern didn't specify, so I just picked the size that seemed closest to the size of the needles)
Notes: There are apparently mistakes in the pattern, but I didn't notice.

Because I just can't get enough, here are some detail shots:





It certainly looks nice blocked (though I couldn't, for the life of me, pin it into a nice circle, and I ruined the peaks on the edges), but it didn't look TOO bad before blocking, either, though a bit too ruffly:



I can't wait to get started on my next lace project -- whatever that might be!

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's very pretty. I'm going to have to order that pattern to add to my stash. And I love that color yarn, may have to order some of that too. For some reason, I've been on a spring green sort of kick myself.

Beth
http://bethknits.blogspot.com/

12:21 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

That's one of the loveliest pieces of lace knitting I've seen! It's just the right size for you and the color is perfect, too.

You must be thrilled. Can't wait to see your next lace project!

1:08 PM  
Blogger Angelika said...

Yey, another satisfied Rona knitter. I also loved knitting mine and I'd start another one right away. May I suggest the Mystery Stole as a next project? Come join the fun!

2:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is BEAUTIFUL!!!

4:35 PM  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

So beautiful!!!! Thanks so much for sharing all of the pictures with us!

1:36 PM  
Blogger Marjorie said...

That's just lovely.

I'm going to have to follow up on the pattern--thanks for the description. I'm finding the Shetland Triangle very dull now that I've done many repeats, and I was thinking that my next bit of lace should be much more of challenge.

2:42 PM  
Blogger TessaS said...

Wow, that is GEORGEOUS! You must be so proud wearing it; and rightly so!

3:25 AM  
Blogger Hattie said...

Soooo pretty, I've been wanting to make that one for a while. What a great color too!

12:27 PM  
Blogger Martine said...

Hello,
I search the pattern of "Rona lace Shawl" but it's not possible to get it on the web site "Knit Picks" which don't accept overseas orders(I'm French).
I like very much this model.
Can you help me to get it?
Thanks.
mart44240

12:46 PM  
Blogger Dove Knits said...

Dear Mart: Knitpicks.com won't let you download the pattern?

If you can compensate me for the price of the pattern, I can purchase and download it and email it to you. If you'd like to try that, email me at onsilent_wings at yahoo dot com.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Ingalill said...

I just found out an adress that Knitpick allowed with phonenumber and everything needed.

As the pattern was to download there wasn´t a real adress needed.

I love this pattern!And I really wanted to have it even though I´m living in Sweden.

8:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm in the UK and having similar "getting the pattern" issues. For some reason they will allow you to put UK for the billing address but not the shipping address even thought I DON'T NEED SHIPPING. Grrr.

Utterly lovely. Must admit I don't speak American for needle sizes - is that about 2 mm? How long did it take you to knit?

11:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Further to previous, they got straight back to me with a PO Box (presumably their own) that I can fool their computer with. It will be mine... oh yes, it will be mine!

12:25 PM  
Blogger Joanna said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home