Tuesday, June 19, 2007

De-lurking with a shawl in progress

I've really enjoyed seeing everyone's work and thought it was time to share in my own. I saw this at MD Sheep and Wool and absolutely loved it! It has beads in it and beads being my other weakness, well, I had to have it. It's the Maple Leaf Shawl from Just Our Yarns:
Maple Leaf Shawl

The shawl they had at the show was in green but since it was maple leaves and being someone who grew up in New England with the changing autumn maple leaves, I chose to use their orange color way. This is the shawl after the 2nd of 6 main leaf repeats.

5 Comments:

Blogger Katie K said...

Looks great. I went to their website but couldn't find the yarn you are using. Which one is it?

8:36 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

As a fellow New Englander, I agree that your orange yarn is perfect for the design! Can't wait to see the finshed shawl.

4:48 AM  
Blogger Dove Knits said...

I LOVE the colorway. It really does look like maple leaves in autumn! Hurry up and finish already ;)

9:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I used the Almaza (Tencel). It doesn't look like they had that particular colorway on their website. I had bought this early on at S&W on Saturday. When I went back to the booth on Sunday, it was gone!

7:53 PM  
Blogger ChelleC said...

I can't find the yarn or the pattern. Any help on that? Thanks! A web link would be great. Chelle

5:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home