Monday, May 21, 2007

Nupps Work-around

Swallowtail is coming along quickly. At least, until the nupps part. Purling 5 together is not fun. The first one took me over 15 minutes. I did some googling and found a few alternatives. At first I tried purling 2, purling 3, and passing the p2 stitch over. It looked loose to me. So then I tried passing the stitches back to the left needle and purling those together. That seems to be working. Just a few more and I can start the edging!

Let me know if you've had nupp issues at Random Acts of Knitting. If you've done the p7tog on Madli's Shawl, I will be very, very impressed.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ceme says said...

The p5t was hard for me too at first, but I got the Addi Lace Turbo's and some Red Bull, and BAM, I had wings.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Katie K said...

I used a straight pin to lift the stitches from the left side so the right needle could get through. Please try it.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Taxastrikkeren said...

Just for telling you about my latest knitting.I´m so proud - and sorry for my blog is in danish.You can "read" the pictures,I hope.My english blog is very new and you have them both here.

http://taxastrikkeren.blogspot.com/

http://knitanddrive.blogspot.com/

Gitte from Denmark

10:01 AM  
Blogger laurie said...

My first Addi Lace needles arrived a couple of days ago.

Ladies, this novice lace knitter can now knit lace without tears! And without sharpening the points of bamboo needles!!

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home