Wednesday, May 16, 2007

help with Rona Lace Shawl

Hello. I'm knitting Rona Lace Shawl, and I need help. I'm stuck with row 38. I know KnitPicks posted its errata, but I'm still stuck where they wrote:

(note, the first yo into which the KP is worked is followed by KB - then work a P&K). If you do not reverse the order, from KP to P&K, the ribbed design will not come out right. Keep on doing so through the 46th round). …

any ideas? Am I supposed to reorder the KP-KB-P&K into P&K-KB-KP for the rest of the row?
For the next rows as well until 46th?

This is very confusing to me.
any help on this would be very much appreciated

thanks

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Knitty Gritty Thoughts said...

I'm knitting Rona as well and I know the row you mentioned.

All the instructions are saying (as I interpreted it) is to work a KP into the first yarn over, KTBL (knit thru back loop) then in second yarnover PK.

That way you end up with-
KP,KTBL,PK

Make Sense?

6:58 AM  
Blogger Rina said...

So technically I just need to follow the * repeat, and keep doing it, I should be OK?
What's the reorder business then?

7:25 AM  
Blogger Rina said...

Thanks to Angelika, I figured out. I actually don't have to reorder anything. I am seeing the ribbing they're talking about.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Knitty Gritty Thoughts said...

Right. So what's going on if you look at it for a generic perspective is that it is just a over complicated 1x1 rib. In a 1x1 rib you would go KPKPK right?

But here you're going KP, K(TBL), PK

Make sense?

9:58 AM  
Blogger Rina said...

yes very much make sense. I'm on row 44 now, things are making sense.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Knitty Gritty Thoughts said...

Yea! How exciting! Can't wait to see pics of it.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Angelika said...

I'm glad you figured it out. I was afraid that my email instructions were to complicated or too detailed and made your head spin. I'm glad you are on the roll and maybe we'll get some friendly competition going between Keri and Rina? You go girls.

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home