Thursday, April 19, 2007

New Member / Pattern Design

Hi, please allow me to introduce myself and all that, just joined, totally thrilled to be here. I hadn't quite planned to jump in with questions right away, but I was thinking that someone might know what I'm looking for right off the cuff... I'm working on a shawl that I'd like to have a somewhat circular, ring-like, fairly small overall pattern stitch (obviously true circles won't actually happen, but I'm hoping I can approach them). I've been playing around with swatches and I figure I'll eventually match what I'm looking for, but I'd not miss skipping a few swatches along the way. Anyone know of something already charted that might match what I'm looking for?

It's a total pleasure to join the group -- I've browsed through a few of the past posts, and the talent and sheer beauty of your shawls is mind-boggling!
Christene

2 Comments:

Blogger KarenK said...

I believe you may find what you're looking for in the book "Victorian Lace Today" - "A curved shawl with diamond edging" pictured on pages 71 and 73. Apparently a similar lace pattern can also be found in Sarah Don's book "The Art of Shetland Lace," called the Spider Pattern.

2:16 PM  
Blogger SheepsPyjamas said...

I have them both; I'll definitely take a look when I get home tonight. I've become enough of a laceaholic (and somewhat obsessive book collector) that I can no longer remember which book offhand and, well, when I start paging through patterns, it quickly blooms into, "oh, that, and I want to make that, and that..." Horrible place to be, I know (@grin) ... it is helpful to be pointed to a starting point. Thank you!

5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home