Friday, April 06, 2007

Just Joined

Hello All:

I just joined because I am smitten with Lace knitting. I started a first time lace project. I spun 4 oz. of Blue Faced Leicester fiber into a laceweight yarn so it could become a Flower Basket Shawl. I am presently doing an endless amount of repeats of the Lower Body.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I am trying to use up as much of the yarn as I can, then start the edging. I have no idea how big it will be, but I am enjoying the process. I think I found a new obsession. My goal is to create more laceweight handspun for use on lace knitting projects. I've finished a corriedale/silk cap handspun that may become a Shetland Triangle or Swallowtail. I have gained a lot of inspiration from all you members and I can't wait to see more of your work. Happy knitting.

ETA: You can see the start of my project from the start of my spinning to the present picture on my blog.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Cindy, aka Maxfun said...

Your shawl is gorgeous! I love how the colors are "blooming" in the pattern. How cool that you spun the yarn yourself, too. :)

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks gorgeous. And I agree, how cool to spin the yarn yourself too. That'll make it a really special shawl.

1:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you ladies. I appreciate the compliments. I've been spinning for a couple of years, so I figured it's about time to start making laceweight for an actual use instead of for gauking.

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home