Monday, April 09, 2007

Finished Feather and Fan shawl



I finished this shawl in time for it to be an Easter gift for my mom. She absolutely loves it. I knit it on size 5 needles, using Fino yarn from Alpaca with a Twist. The original pattern from A Gathering of Lace calls for a heavierweight yarn, yet I like the etheral look of it in laceweight yarn.

This was knit between March 1-April 7th. Until the last week or so, I've knit on it on and off. It's not a difficult knit. I used stitch markers to make most of the feather and fan knitting mindless. After row 120 or so, the rows seem to take forever to get around.

Finished blocking- 70" circumference.

6 Comments:

Blogger Angelika said...

The thing with the last rows taking forever sounds so very much familiar. My Rona Lace was done in a month too, but like yours, the end was dragging on and on.

5:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is a beautiful piece of lace. I am sure your mother will wear it with pride. Lovely!

5:42 PM  
Blogger Cindy, aka Maxfun said...

Gorgeous!

6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks lovely.

1:58 AM  
Blogger Ebony said...

Beautiful. This is on my Must-Knit list.

6:27 AM  
Blogger sunneshine said...

that really turned out lovely!!

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home