Sunday, March 18, 2007

More lace on the needles

I cast on for the Feather and Fan shawl from A Gathering of Lace about two weeks ago. I'm now at round 122, and this shawl is what I call "mindless knitting." I'm knitting straight for three rows, then I have an active row, then I knit straight for three rows-- it's getting big, but none to fast. The shawl actuall goes out to 189 rows, or a blocked width of 68." I'm using Alpaca with a Twist's Fino. The dusty rose pink is gorgeous.
I'm impatient, and I love to start new projects. On Friday, I cast on for the Spiral Cap Shawl from Vintage Lace Today. Between these two books, I should have enough lace projects to keep me busy the rest of the year! I'm using wool yarn from HandpaintedYarns.com, in the color-- mango. It looks more like an orange Creamsicle to me. At this point, I'm on row 56. Like the feather and fan shawl, this one (so far) isn't a difficult knit. As long as the knitter is paying attention to the amount of YO's and K2Tog's, everything works out great.
Happy knitting to everyone!

3 Comments:

Blogger sunneshine said...

oh, I just got both of those books!! Your shawls look beautiful -- such wonderful colors!!

8:32 AM  
Blogger Cynder said...

Lovely! I also started the Cap shawl last week, and hope to one day do the Feather and Fan shawl.

4:05 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Both are off to a good start. I can't wait to see how they turn out!

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home