Sunday, March 04, 2007

Light as a Feather



I finished up my Feather and Fan scarf last night. This is such an easy lace stitch, but yields such lovely results!

Yarn: Misti Alpaca laceweight, color MC-1070, a heathered moss
Needles: US3
Before blocking: 6 inches x 60 inches
After blocking: 6-1/4 inches x 72 inches

I wanted a nice long scarf that I could loop twice around my neck, or wear French style and still have plenty of scarf hanging down. I got just what I wanted and couldn't be more pleased!

Next project: The Arctic Diamonds Stole from the fall 06 Interweave Knits. I cast on for that last night. Must always have lace on the needles!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ria said...

I think a Feather and Fan scarf is what I'll be knitting next. I've seen quite a few people showing off their final results over the past little while, and they're all so pretty that I just can't resist! I have just the perfect yarn put aside for it, too, so I can't wait until my current projects are all finished so I can start it. :D

9:23 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

It looks so weightless. I love the feather and fan stitch, and yours is just lovely!

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home