Sunday, March 18, 2007

Lace Wings shawl


This shawl is made with a single skein of Handmaiden Sea Silk. LOVE THIS YARN! While on the needles, I seriously thought I was going to end up with a scarf, but like most lace, the magic occurred at blocking time and it came out great. More pictures and info on my blog. Now I need to finish the feather and fan stole I'm working on in Interlacements Rick Rack II and then pick a project for my new Addi Lace Turbo needles and some Jaggerspun Zephyr. So much lace, so little time!
And I'm inspired by all of your posts and pics! :)

9 Comments:

Blogger Marjorie said...

That is beautiful.

5:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks beautiful. Reminds me of a bat.

5:44 AM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Wow! The yarn and the lace pattern go really well together.

7:35 AM  
Blogger sunneshine said...

Beautiful work - you are my inspiration, as I have a single skein of seasilk in my stash taunting me - thanks!!

8:35 AM  
Blogger Cindy, aka Maxfun said...

Thanks, y'all! Sunneshine, don't let that Sea Silk linger untouched. Believe me, it's great to knit and this pattern puts it to wonderful use. :)

12:49 PM  
Blogger Ria said...

That's one gorgeous looking shawl!

7:49 AM  
Blogger Lynne said...

Gorgeous! What else can I say?

www.2hot2knit.blogspot.com

7:55 PM  
Blogger Carissa said...

So gorgeous. I am seriously jealous. I am in the middle of working Branching Out with my seasilk because I didn't think there was enough in the one skein to make a shawl. Seeing yours, though, makes me wish I had waited!

9:23 AM  
Blogger mary said...

Your lacewings looks beautiful! I tried to knit this pattern last fall and I seriously had to frog it about 10 times. I found the directions difficult to understand and a couple of errors. It's in my UFO pile now waiting to be frogged again. Do you have any tips and/or corrections? I emailed Lettuce Knits about my problems but they just said they would forward my email to the pattern designer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. You can email me at marybeezoATaolDOTcom.

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home