Friday, March 09, 2007

Kimono Shawl finally done

May I present my Kimono Shawl? It's finally, finally done. It took long enough, I know. Don't ask me exactly when I started it, but I blogged with this one in the Lacevember KAL. I was on a family trip that took a good five hours one way, which gave me enough time to work on this an finally get around finishing up those pesky five last repeats. I was close to giving up and making this shawl shorter than intended, but I stuck with it. So here it is, the Kimono Shawl from Cheryl Oberle's book Folk Shawls. It's made from recycled red Cashmere bought off of ebay and after blocking it I'm happy to say that all the kinks from unraveling it disappeared.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

It's beautiful! What a great job you've done on it! My half circle fan shawl took me forever too, I think I started it last august and just finished it earlier this week. The good stuff is always worth the wait!

You can be proud, you did great!

9:53 PM  
Blogger sunneshine said...

That shawl is beautiful!! I have it on my to-knit list -- thanks for showing your beautiful version!!

10:32 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Congrats! It's absolutely beautiful. My Kimono Shawl took about four months, as I recall. It's worth the time, though, isn't it?

8:51 AM  
Blogger Ria said...

Using yarn recycled from sweaters is the only way I can get enough fine yarn to knit lace shawls, I swear. Your kimono shawl looks gorgeous, by the way. It's definitely one on my To Knit list.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home