Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Half Circle Fan Lace Shawl....Done!




I finally was able to finish the above mentioned shawl. It has a "wingspan" greater than my 5'4" height, and that's before blocking! It isn't quite as 'deep' as I had hoped, but I still need to block it so hopefully I can take care of that then. I don't have the floor space here, nor do I believe that my dh (as much as he supports my knitting addiction) would tollerate it if I used our bed to pin the shawl down for blocking. So I will have to wait until I have the chance to go to the LYS to be able to properly block this thing. When I do block it, I want to stretch the ever-living-daylights out of it!
I plan on wearing this shawl, the Eiffel sweater (from the recent winter issue of Knitty dot com) that I recently finished, and an as yet undetermined pants/skirt outfit to ArtBoy's (ds no.1's) collage graduation on May 5th. Anyway, the shawl is finally done except for the blocking!

3 Comments:

Blogger Rina said...

It looks very pretty. I would love to see your shawl blocked. Yeah it stinks when I blocked my FPS and have no space for the stole to grow.

11:06 PM  
Blogger Cheryl in AZ said...

I love the colors. It has such a luxurious look to it. I will be eager to see it blocked.
I just came across rubber flooring blocks yesterday at Sam's that connect together like puzzle peices to form a blocking surface. (they are quite large when put together)Then you could get away with using the bed for a day.

8:46 AM  
Blogger Jan said...

No dh is disabled and is in and out of bed all day long, so using the bed at all is out. We have 400 or less sq ft in this place, so litterally it's just too tiny. Ugh, I can hardly wait until I can get this "puppy" blocked!

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home