Friday, February 09, 2007

Lace shawl finially started

After many false starts I finially got a shawl started. This is the Diamond Fantasy Shawl from Siva Harding. I am using some pink silk/alpaca handspun from my friend Shelly of Rose Garden Fibers. She does a wonderful job with her handspinning and I really enjoy using her yarns.

This is at the end of chart A. The picture does not do the actual color justice as it actually is pink.



This photo of the hank of yarn shows the color much more accuratly. I have just over 450 yards of this lovely soft yarn so will be able to make a nice sized shawlette from it for our local county fair. Grin at least I hope to have it done by August.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger dorothy in wyoming said...

I hope I got the picture problem fixed if you want to look again. Siva now has a yahoo group and there are some lovely pictures of this shawl on the web. Yarn Harlot has some nice photos of hers.
dorothy in wyoming

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats beautiful. Where can you get the pattern from?

7:44 AM  
Blogger dorothy in wyoming said...

It is fairly easy to find at various stores online including Siva Harding herself which is where my copy came from. I know the Knittingzone.com has it and a number of other places just do a search for it. You will enjoy knitting it.

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home