Thursday, February 22, 2007

De-lurking, right now!

Hi, I'm Felicia, and I blog over at Isis Rising. I've been lurking around this KAL for quite awhile, and I finally joined last month. It seems I always have something lace and socks on the needles. A couple of weekends ago, I finished a pair of lacy socks:


The pattern for the socks is the one Sivia Harding used in her Gothic Leaf Lace stole. I love that lace pattern, and it makes for a great pair of socks. The yarn is Knit Picks' Essential, in a very boring taupe color. The lace pattern takes a dull yarn, and makes it happy! As soon as my darling mother saw them, in progress, she tried them on. I finished them up to her size, and now she thinks they're too pretty to wear!

I love to make rectangular lace scarves, using a feather-n-fan stitch. I made one for my aunt as a Christmas present, and everyone is still raving over it. Monday, I started on one for myself:


I'm using size 5 needles, and Knit Pick's Alpaca Cloud in Smoke. Here's a closeup of the feather-n-fan:

Every time I stop by this blog, I see so many beautiful lace patterns, I've got a big wish list of stuff I want to knit!

Happy lace knitting!

Felicia

3 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie said...

Those are beautiful socks! I just finished making a swatch of the Gothic Leaf pattern. It's lovely, but I wouldn't have pictured it for socks. Nice job!!!

P.S. I like that color and don't find it boring at all. it's classy.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

I like both projects.Lace socks looks great and the scarf is elegant.Can't wait to appreciate the scarf finished!!

10:29 PM  
Blogger Isis Rising said...

Thanks for the positive comments!

1:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home