Friday, February 16, 2007

Another lace shawl on the needles.

I cast on for this yesterday (or was it the day before?). It's in Posh Yarn's Sophia 2ply (cashmere) which is so lovely, soft and delicate to knit with. The design is interlocking diamonds and adapted from a stitch pattern book I've got. Not sure whether or not to add a border when it's done or just to use the mesh border I'm knitting on as I go. Decisions, decisions. This is a design I've been thinking of for a while and thought I might as well get on with doing it.


Also thinking about casting on for Swallowtail Shawl as I want t olearn how to do the neck down triangular construction which the Swallowtail Shawl has. I've got some ideas for designs for neck down triangular shawls but not sure of the construction yet.



Also cast on for a shrug/wrap today. I'm using Posh Yarn again this time Sophia (cashmere) 4ply. Again it's lovel yand soft. I'm suing an elongated stitch for this design and making it up as Igo. Not lace exactly but wanted to show it off anyway.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Marjorie said...

In addition to Evelyn Clark's patterns, those by Miriam Felton (mimknits.com) are neck-down triangular shawls. The one I'm working on now for this KAL is Seraphim. It just seemed perfect for some stash yarn I had for a couple of decades, and I'll have some photos of my progress shortly. It is very easy, and it would also give you experience knitting from the neck down. The Myrna Stahman shawls are also neck down, but they're Faroese, not triangular. I just posted one I made some time ago on my blog (primetimeknitter.typepad.com).

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Marjorie. Kinderhook, the lace pattern isn't all mine it's adapted from a lace pattern in one of my stitch books (that's the pale pink one). the multi ocloured one I'm making up as Igo along and have introuduced a 3rd stitch now for the centre back which is looking great. Will get a new pic soon.

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home