Monday, January 15, 2007

Wool Peddler's Shawl

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I finally have some progress to show. I have not started on my Russian Faux Stole, as I decided to start with a simpler project and tackle that one later down the road. I did, however, finish the Wool Peddler's Shawl from Folk Shawls. I'm going to have to build up the stamina to work on a project with several hundred stitches on the needles, I can see. Even with the about 350 that this project had, I was getting bored with the repetitive pattern of the knitting. I'm excited about the finished product, though, and can't wait to cast on my next one.
(cross-posted on my blog)

4 Comments:

Blogger Marjorie said...

That is very nice. What yarn did you use? And what size needles? I was thinking of making that shawl just to have one that is warmer than the lacy lace-weight shawls I've made in the past.

6:12 AM  
Blogger Abigail said...

Your shawl is beautiful!
You know, I keep seeing such gorgeous finished projects from that book, but every time I look at it, the shawls look so dull and almost ugly. I can't tell if it's the way they are modeled or the yarn she used for them.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Ebony said...

I used yarn from a local German shop here in Heidelberg. Fingering weight bluish-green colored superwash yarn. I was excited to start and couldn't wait for something to come in the mail.

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful version of the Wool Peddlar's shawl.

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home