Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Shawls for 2007

Thanks for letting me join the KAL. I've been knitting for a long time, but I'm new to blogging. I hope to make a few shawls this year. The first will use yarn that I've had for a long time--since 1984! It is a wool-kid mohair mix:



I plan to use it for Miriam Felton's Seraphim Shawl, which you can see at: mimknits.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=182.

Since I'm new to blogging, and my blog is on Typepad, I don't yet know how to create links in Blogger.

I've done my sample swatch, but it isn't blocked yet. One reason I picked this shawl, aside from liking its appearance, is that I'm a combined knitter. Until now, I've switched to continental style for lace so the stitches would be positioned the "right way" for instructions to Ktog. But this shawl has a lot of stockinette, which I plan to do in combined style, and I may rewrite the lace directions so I can do the increases and decreases in combined style as well.

2 Comments:

Blogger sunneshine said...

What a beautiful shawl! You'll have to post your swatch (and how motivated of you - I never swatch shawls!) I am excited to see how it is finished!

3:32 PM  
Blogger Marjorie said...

The reason I decided to swatch the shawl is that the pattern says it will be 36" long, and I'm only 5'2", so I wanted it to be shorter. I'm going to use US 4 needles, rather than the 5's specified. This gives me 6 rows to an inch instead of the 5.25 specified in the pattern, but I may still reduce it later.

The shawl has a lot of stockinette, so it wasn't hard to do.

I'm sorry I can't post a direct link to the shawl pattern, but I use Mac's Safari browser, and Blogger doesn't support it fully. I can only post text and pictures, but not links.

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home