Friday, January 26, 2007

Rona Lace Shawl is done

May I present:


My very own Rona Lace Shawl. This took me about a month to finish it, but now it's done. It was a generous christmas gift from Keri, thank you very much. The pattern is from Knit Picks and it was knitted with 3 skeins (about 1 oz was left over) Knit Picks Shadow in Vineyard on american size 5 (3,75mm) interchangable cables from Knit Picks in 24 and 32" size and a size D crochet hook. Don't ask me how many stitches there are all together, but I know there were over 1,000 stitches on the cable by the time I was at the end.


Here are some close up pics:


I hope the finished shawl is an inspiration for all those that wanted to knit it, but have been to scared or who left this project slip into the UFO box. It's absolutely doable and the crochet edging is a little different for me, but not really a problem at all, just a little time consuming.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Sue J. said...

Wow, oh Wow! Your shawl is stunning! Congratulations on creating such an heirloom piece.
Sue J.

4:00 PM  
Blogger sunneshine said...

So beautiful and so quick!! What a great job on something you will have and wear forever!

5:44 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Breathtaking!

6:02 PM  
Blogger Marjorie said...

That is gorgeous--and in only a month!

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's just stunning. I'm so impressed. STUNNING!!!!

1:14 PM  
Blogger Tandi said...

Another Wow! That is absolutely amazing! you are so talented!

11:27 PM  
Blogger Knitting Morgana said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:23 PM  
Blogger Knitting Morgana said...

Wow. I'm speechless. One month seems a record to me. Congratulations.

6:24 PM  
Blogger Yosemite said...

This shawl is positively stunning. I have the pattern and I have been planning to knit it. There just aren't enough hours in the day to do what I want to do. Maybe by the summer.

6:14 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

That looks absolutely beautiful! You should be so very proud of yourself! I know I am! Man, if that were mine, I'd be livid if someone even THOUGHT of sneezing near it! haha

12:11 PM  
Blogger regiknits said...

Just beautiful. I've been thinking about knitting this, now I know I definitely will.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

I'm speechless. It's gorgeous!

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home