Monday, January 08, 2007

my first lace scarf of the year....

Not as fancy as so much of what I have seen here. But I am in love with this scarf, so I wanted to post it. It is a possum merino blend knit on size five needles in 5 days. It is 68" long and 6 1/2" wide, made from the diagonal lace pattern. There is more info on my blog.
Have a great week!

ps- here is the link for the pattern - I didn't see any need to have a nasty seam down the middle so I knit it all in one piece. And I just found out from the manufacture that my yarn skein was 460 yards - so the scarf took about 430 yards in a light sport weight with a size 5 needle and I added one lace repeat to each row - if you make it please post, I would love to see some others!
http://persnicketyknitter.blogspot.com/2006/01/free-zigzag-lace-scarf-pattern.html

3 Comments:

Blogger KarenK said...

What a pretty lace pattern! Your scarves turned out lovely. Where did you find the pattern?

5:44 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Great scarves!

8:22 PM  
Blogger T said...

I love these scarves, thanks for the link, and thanks to Pernickety for posting the pattern :)

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home