Thursday, November 23, 2006

Evelyn Clark's Swallowtail Shawl

I just finished Evelyn Clark's Swallowtail Shawl. This was my endeavor for Lacevember. With only a few days left in the month, I am proud to say that it is finally completed.

I did need to alter the edging just a tad, since I used yarn that I had in my stash, and only had a limited amount. Even with the changes, I think it came out pretty darn good. Lace continues to awe me as it undergoes the blocking metamorphosis from a blob of nothingness into the most beautiful piece of handiwork. It never ceases to amaze me.

Obligatory Stats:

  • Pattern: Swallowtail Shawl
  • Designer: Evelyn Clark
  • Size: 72"x 36"
  • Yarn: Zitron Kokon by Skakel (Silk/Cotton blend)
  • Skeins: 3 (525m)
  • Needles: Size 9 US

2 Comments:

Blogger Turtle Guy said...

How creative! I'm impressed. Where do we place our order? Hee hee...

Thanks for dropping by my page to say hello!! Hope to read more of you soon!!

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautifully done, Jan. Your site is so peaceful and classy. I hope you will also participate in Saturday Comeback Challenge again this week. Several have already laid down the smack. It's on!

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home