Saturday, January 07, 2006


Hi...I'm Jeanette, posting here for the first time - in my first KAL. I started Madli's Shawl (from Interweave) a few months back in ColourMart's laceweight cashmere in a soft putty Verdigras color. I've done lace scarves or simpler lace shawls, and lots of lacework in bulkier yarns in my own sweater designs, but Madli will be what I consider my first lace shawl (in laceweight yarn). I'm working on a size 3 needle which is quite a stretch for me since I am normally the type who can stick with a project for about 2 weeks before I max out on it. I put this shawl away while I worked on all the Christmas knitting, and then after Christmas, I came back to her. The first thing I thought was to frog her, double strand the yarn, and do something else. But a few emails from other knitters kept me from doing so.

Today I picked her up and found my place in the pattern and began knitting again. I'm on the 8th repeat of 26, so I have a ways to go. She is so beautiful and will be worth the work I put into her. I'm having difficulty with those nubbies [(k1,yo)3x, k1)], on next row p7 together. They aren't consistent....and those stitches are slippery as I gently slide them on top of each other. Any hints would be much appreciated.



my blog

2 Comments:

Blogger monkeemaven-fruitcakeknits said...

Wow - Madli is looking great! Nice to see how the colourmartuk yarns knit up, too; I ordered quite a bit of it in a darker colour and haven't sat down and used it just yet. Did you buy one of the washed hanks or the still-oiled cones? If the latter, did you wash it before knitting?

9:17 PM  
Blogger Jeanette said...

I bought one of the cones and then skeined it myself. I did not wash it because it is my understanding that it is easier to work with w/o washing first. I have knit a swatch and washed and dried it (hand washed with dish detergent, then blowdried with a hair dryer) and it really did bloom considerably. I've got two more cones that I subsequently ordered. I've really liked the customer support Richard offers.

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home