Monday, October 03, 2005

Hello all

Hi! New member here. I recently knit lace for the first time (in a self-designed cardigan) and looved it! So for my friend's wedding, I'm knitting a shawl. I've been searching and searching for the best pattern, but I like to make my own than follow one...so it's been tricky. I finally decided on the Perfect Pie Shawl from Weekend Knitting, but I'm putting in my own lace pattern, instead of the lacy rib the pattern calls for. I've yet to decide what stitch pattern, but here are my favorites:
Seafoam stitch
Star Stitch
Butterfly Lace stitch
and here are the edge stitches I like
Swirly Scallop
Rose Leaf
Leaf Lace
I've got to make this FAST, and I'd be knitting it this very minute if I had the yarn! Waiting for it to arrive in the mail...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home