Thursday, July 28, 2005

Decisions, Decisions

Hello. New member here (Logan). I just finished Kiri, and am now trying to decide between The Seaweed Stole and Peacock Feathers. I don't have the supplies I need for either, so will have some online shopping to do either way.

I'm finding working with a single strand of lace weight way too hard on my hands (and really fiddly), so don't think I could qualify as a traditional lace knitter. Instead, I'll be using two strands carried together - makes a more dense fabric, which I really enjoy. Plus, I live in Canada, in the mountains, so extra warmth is a good thing. ;)

3 Comments:

Blogger Logan said...

Update - while waiting for yarn choices (3 options for each Peacock Feathers and the Seaweed Stole - I'm a notorious overbuyer) I cast on the Fiber Trends Leaf Lace Shawl in KnitPicks Alpaca Cloud (Autumn). Still working with doubled thread - but like the look.

9:41 PM  
Blogger monkeemaven-fruitcakeknits said...

Seaweed Stole in Zephyr! Pick that, pick that!

4:05 PM  
Blogger CelticCastOn said...

PEACOCK PEACOCK!!!

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home