Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Cozy is done!!

After three months on the needles, I bound off Cozy yesterday.
Finished size: 5 feet x 2 1/2 feet.
Yarn: 3 3/4 balls of Omega Sinfonia - sportsweight mercerised cotton

Boring picture on the grass:


Slightly more interesting picture on the clothesline:


I've not done anything like wash it or block it yet - no room! - but already it's amazingly slinky and drapey. The stitch pattern seems a bit different from each angle - sometimes the focus is on the yarnovers on either side of the double decreases, sometimes the focus is on the left slant to those double decreases, sometimes the focus is on the little diamonds the pattern makes
I feel insanely geeky to analyse exactly what about the stitches pops out at me.

Already pondering my next project. I just bought 6 hanks of Knitpicks Colour Your Own - definitely destined to be a shawl. (Not the full mile and a half, probably.) How I'll dye enough at the same time and fairly consistently has yet eluded me, much less what colour I want! I've narrowed it down to three general shawl shapes and a couple different colours... updates will come when there's something to update. My other two shawls are both growing slowly but not enough to warrant a picture.

-monkeemaven

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home