Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Back to Lace Land

Hi all:

Back to lace land after a brief detour to work on a baby gift. I originally joined the KAL to work on a bead/lace combinaton for a shawl (my own design):


Koigu with Beads Swatch

I have about 6+" done. However, while working on the baby gift, I heard the siren call of Branching out in the new knitty.com issue. So I started that yesterday as well. I tried laceweight and dk, shown here:

2 tries at branching out

Then I decided I liked the dk one better, it's Royal Fiber Spinnery alpaca in Sea green. Here's a closeup of the lace:

alpaca branching out

Ever since I did a Charlotte's Web in Poncho format I've been addicted to lace.

Charlotte Poncho

I love seeing what everyone is working on! I feel so inspired.

4 Comments:

Blogger monkeemaven-fruitcakeknits said...

That bead/lace thing melds so beautifully with that multicolour yarn... stunning.

8:00 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

I love the colors in the shawl you're desinging, and how they move thru the stitches. That's going to be one fabulous wrap.

11:06 AM  
Blogger javede said...

I love the bead/lace combination!
Can't wait to see the finished project.

3:04 AM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Just gorgeous...love the green and I love the knitty Branching Out, too. But I do hope you won't abandon your original shawl, either! It's just wonderful.

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home