Thursday, April 07, 2005

The Agony of Frogging Lace

I think we've all had to sit down, hold our breadths and rip away. It's a terrible feeling, but there's that little voice in the back of your head that keeps saying, "It'll be alright, you're a perfectionist, you can't just leave it." Has anyone else tried to drown out that voice by saying, "One little mistake won't be noticed, where's the harm?" I'm very guilty of this, I'm ashamed to say. I bit the bullet about a week ago and took out 3 inches, to get back to a misplaced YO. But now, all is well again, and those 3 inches have been regained.
shawl
close up
This is the shawl in it's current state, about 33", only 47" to go. It looks like I'll only be needing 2 balls, I have 4, so I have no idea what to do with the leftovers.

What I've learned thus far:
1. Life lines are your friends! Use them well.
2. If you're going to be doing a lot of frogging, have an alcoholic beverage near by, even if you don't drink much. Liquid courage isn't always a bad thing.
3. Never knit lace while tired.
4. Being a perfectionist isn't always a good or even necessasary thing.

-Danielle

Oh yeah and ladies, I know everyone's over at Knitty right now, but I'll be doing an update post later tonight. So if you have pics or progress reports, I'll be scouting out blogs around 10pm mountain time. If you don't have a blog, you're more than welcome to email your progress or post it here. Have fun ladies!

2 Comments:

Blogger javede said...

Hey, looks great!
Don't talk about perfection with me. I HAVE to undo when their's a mistake, even a little one that no one apart from me would notice!

How wide is yours by the way? I can't decide how wide mine should be...

12:01 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

javede, it's about 21" across unblocked, so when it is blocked it should be about 29-30" across.

Melisa, thank you, the yarn is one of my hand dyes, and I love the way it works in this pattern!

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home