Wednesday, March 30, 2005

blueblueblue....

Today I drove to the Yarnfactory and brought 200g wonderfull, blue Angora-yarn.
Just what I had been searching for and also reasonably priced!
So, I began knitting a test pice in the feather and fan pattern. I put the knitting to the side in order to make a photo to show to you...
See, what I discovered:


My fingers are blue!!! I think I've got a shawl curse...
Does anybody know a way to fix it? My mum told me to knit the shawl and wash it gently in vinegar water afterwards. But then I'll be having blue fingers all the time untill I complete the shawl!

Anyway, here's the photo of the test piece:

2 Comments:

Blogger Danielle said...

Try either washing the yarn, and rinsing it with mild soap to get the excess dye out. Whenever I discover an overdye on my fingers (usually from blue yarn) I use hand lotion, and then take a nail scrubbie brush and use it on my fingers. The brush doesn't hurt, but with the lotion it gets the surface crud off really well, also use warm water to keep rinsing away the dye.

10:12 AM  
Blogger monique said...

Hello, I was passing by and saw your question about fixing color. Your mum his right, the best way to fix dye in wool is vinagar in water.
You can do it before knitting by putting your yarn in skein before fixing the color.
Good lock. ;)

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home