Thursday, March 17, 2005

Answers to questions (gossamer web post)

I tried to post this under comments of my last posting, but my HTML tags "weren't good enough" so you'll have to give a day to figure out how to fix that.

Thanks for the suggestions! I do make copies of sections of the charts and enlarge them, but for the most part they are repeats and I can't... keep 20 rows in my head . But the women in Russia that orginally knitted these things rarely used pencil/paper/charts I've been told (after a few practice shawls, I'm sure). The scrap yarn markers are a good idea. If I can find my camera over the weekend I'll try and take a picture of what I've done so far.

Next question: my "shawl" is really a pattern for a scarf that can be worn as a shoulder-wrap type of shawl or a scarf. For those of you that are really making a shawl ... do you wear/use it, or it is just in the fun of making? I'm not sure I'd really ever wear one of those "full size" shawls that you see in books like "Gathering of Lace", for example! Maryjo

2 Comments:

Blogger Danielle said...

I wear/use mine. In the spring summer months, so that when I go indoors I don't freeze, yet it's light enough for me to wear outdoors.

9:22 PM  
Blogger Melissa North said...

This is my first shawl like project, but because it's a scarf variation I think it'll be handy to wear spring/summer/fall. I was originally going to do the Birch shawl from Rowan 35, but I didn't think I'd wear something that huge.

3:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home