Saturday, April 15, 2006

Faux Russian Stole

Hi! I happened upon this KAL and was quite inspired by all the lovely things you all have been making. Right now, I'm working on my first lace shawl, the Faux Russian Stole from A Gathering of Lace. I love the challenge of lace after doing so many stockinette baby things lately.

I'm using Dale Baby Ull in a heathered gray color on US#6 addi turbos. It's coming out a little bigger than the finished size in the pattern, so I hope I have enough yarn! Here's a pic of the shawl in progress, taken at the park today. It was in the 70s and perfect for a bit of knitting al fresco.

7 Comments:

Blogger KarenK said...

(gasp) Oh! That is SO beautiful. Makes me want to dig through my stash and start one tonight. I'm looking forward to seeing more progress reports from you. What a creative way of photographing it, too. Shows up the delicate lace pattern so nicely.

7:52 PM  
Blogger Agnes said...

It's very very lovely! I am working on another stole (Sampler) from the same book and it's a lot of fun.

10:49 PM  
Blogger celia said...

Oh that is SO beautiful! I am at a loss for words. I must go out and get that book now...

4:23 AM  
Blogger Counting Stitches said...

Thanks so much for your kind words! I'm hoping to get this done in time for Mother's Day...wish me luck!

Celia in NY

10:06 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

That is truely wonderful!

8:08 PM  
Blogger MaryjoO said...

how lovely ... I'm so jealous that you are so far along. I plod along with my silk/mohair Russian scarf ... but will look at the Gathering of Lace pattern! Maryjo

9:39 PM  
Blogger handknit168 said...

I have read thru this pattern also, this shawl is a tough one to complete.

1:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home