Monday, March 14, 2005

Help on yardage?

I figured this would be the best place to ask. :^)


I'm going to order some yarn to make Knitty's Cozy, probably KnitPick's Elegance. I'm currently knitting Knitty's Clapotis out of Elegance, and the yarn is absolutely *delicious*.


I'm also planning on ordering either Alpaca Cloud or Shimmer to make another, lace-weight lace shawl. I'm probably going to use a stitch pattern from Vogue Knitting to make a normal-sized, rectangular shawl. I have no experience with lace-weight yarn, however, so I don't know how much yardage I would need--and I can't seem to find any similar patterns to estimate yardage from.


Can anyone give me some hints as to how many yards I would need for such a shawl? Thanks!


(And P.S. -- this is my first KAL, and I'm very excited to be participating! :^)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home