Monday, March 28, 2005

Hello, Hello, Hello!

This is my inagural post. I'm not so good with the introductory stuff, so I'm gonna skip it and move on to the knitting!

First, here's a mini-shawl I made over the winter holidays.


It's only about 16" long. The small size owing to the fact that I only had one skein, as it was gifted to me by a friend of the family who had an overflowing stash. The yarn is really neat (see closeup here); each ply is a different color giving the yarn a lovely tweedy effect. Tag says its a wool/mohair/alpaca blend from lana borgosesia. I'd never heard of the company, possibly due to it being italian, but I suspect the yarn may be several years old as well. Maybe someone else knows more?

Right now I'm working on Madli's Shawl from IK. But I'll save that for another post.

--Jana

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home