Friday, March 25, 2005

Hello everyone

Hello all - I just joined the group yesterday! I will be here for a while, I think. Most of the projects I have in mind for the foreseeable future are shawls and wraps. Last night I started Bob & Weave from Knitty. I also have yarn to make the Kiri shawl, Knitty's Cozy, and I just bought the book Folk Shawls. I love the book so much - it's the first pattern book I've gotten that I want to make every single project in. I am thinking that a few female members of my family may be getting shawls and wraps for Christmas this year.

For my Bob & Weave, I'm using the handspun hand-dyed bulky wool from HandpaintedYarn.com. It's not the merino, but it is still nice and soft and lovely. I'm only 4 rows in right now, but hopefully will be able to work on it a lot this weekend. I'll take some pictures and post them here next week.

2 Comments:

Blogger tabby cat said...

hurray for bob & weave! If you need any help with the pattern let me know, but its pretty easy. I mucked it up the first time I started it, I didn't count right and my dropped stitches were all over the place. SO I use stitch markers to help remind me now (:

I can't wait to see the pictures of your stuff!!

10:32 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I messed it up the first time too! I screwed up a dropped stitch and that made them all screwy. I ripped it out yesterday and started over, but only got 2 rows in. I am just glad that the yarn is bulky and the pattern isn't that complex. I think I'd be more frustrated with it otherwise. I've started using stitch markers too, so I'm hoping they'll help me keep everything straight.

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home