Friday, March 25, 2005

Capelet Questions

I just wanted to take a little opinion poll here, since I am incapable of making up my mind. :) I'm making the SnB Nation Spiderweb Capelet with some light pink Knitpicks Alpaca Cloud that Danielle graciously gave to me. Here's my question: I've done two little swatches, one with a single strand of the yarn, and one doubled. I was curious because the yarn called for in the pattern is thicker, more of a DK weight than the one I have. I get gauge in both the swatches. The first one is thinner and lacier and the second bears a closer resemblance to the example in the book. I'm leaning toward using the yarn as a single strand and seeing how it turns out. What do you all think? Do you think it would affect the pattern in any way?

Thanks!

-Jane

p.s. I wanted to post pics, but my computer is being a little wonky.

1 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

I've seen lace patterns that call for using the yarn doubled, but haven't tried it myself. If you've dressed the swatches and the single strand one hasn't become more diaphanous than you want - go for it. To my mind, doubling yarn somehow defeats the purpose of lace.

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home